OBJECT DETECTION & TRACKING IN THE MOUNTAIN AREA (MONTENEGRO)
The goal of the mission was to test the integration of the SkyEye camera with FIXAR 007 UAV for video monitoring in challenging mountainous terrain.
One of the potential applications of drones is their integration with video cameras for aerial inspection, border control, surveillance, and search and rescue missions. However, it’s crucial to consider various factors when selecting a camera, as not all cameras may meet the necessary requirements.
When selecting a camera for these purposes, key considerations include picture quality, capture stability, the accuracy of GPS coordinates, 360° rotation capability, and zoom functionality. It’s important to choose cameras specifically designed for drone use to ensure optimal performance in these critical tasks.
Flight mission overview
|MAXIMUM TAKE-OFF WEIGHT
|SKY EYE-I 1080P 10X zoom camera
|10X optical focal zoom; 4.9-49mm 1/3 inch 4MP CMOS SENSOR; 1080P/30 MP4 video recorded
|MAXIMUM FLIGHT SPEED
|MAXIMUM DURATION OF FLIGHT
|MAXIMUM FLIGHT RANGE
|MISSION MAXIMUM ALTITUDE
- Changeable payload module of FIXAR 007: use one drone for multiple tasks (search & rescue, surveillance, border control, video monitoring, etc).
- The integration with the SkyEye camera demonstrated excellent performance throughout the mission and enabled the pilot to track static/moving objects very easily.
- Sky Eye-I weighs as little as 430g to help you meet your payload weight allowance.
- SkyEye camera allows for an overhead view that can cover a large amount of ground quickly and effectively
- The Sky Eye-I 1080P camera offers an Auto Object Track Module (AOTM), enabling effortless tracking of both stationary and moving objects. Moreover, the AOTM is impressively lightweight, weighing just 40 grams, ensuring it won’t significantly burden the drone.
- FIXAR 007 aerodynamic design allows take-off and landing vertically on unprepared sites with an accuracy of 2 meters;
- FIXAR 007 has an operational capacity of 59 minutes and covers a distance of 60 km in a single flight, not requiring a catapult for take-off or a parachute for landing as most RPAS-type aircraft do;
- FIXAR 007 has a payload capacity of up to 2 kg and the ability to install and integrate equipment upon request.
The integration of the FIXAR 007 and SkyEye camera proved to be highly successful in capturing and monitoring objects under varying weather and territorial conditions. With the exceptional qualities of the camera and the advantages of FIXAR, we were able to achieve high-quality imagery and demonstrate excellent results for future clients’ use cases