Aerial photography in Murmansk
In 2019 FIXAR performed aerial photography in the Murmansk region.
Aerial photography is one of the most effective and the fastest method of obtaining, studying and presenting objective spatial data for topographic plans, construction monitoring, etc. Unfortunately, when selecting the proper equipment for the task a number of limitations are found:
- Weak and unreliable data accuracy obtained through aerial data collection. Few unmanned aircraft systems are capable of gathering photographic material with the required quality with geo-tagging;
- Take-off and landing of most unmanned aircraft systems require a catapult system and a parachute, making limited their usages in most locations;
- Existing unmanned systems are complex and difficult to operate, contributing for a number of RPAS crashes. Substantial additional resources are needed and spent in training the UAS aircraft operator. Magnetometer sensors malfunctions in zones of magnetic anomalies cause some RPAS types to fall as their flight becomes unpredictable.
FIXAR 007 aerial photography package fully meets the requirements of demanding customers:
- Perform photography tasks with high accuracy at the customer required scale. PPK or RTK geo-tagging technology is used. Compliance with the required scale and resolution is verified throughout the aerial photography cycle;
- FIXAR 007 aerodynamic design allows a vertical take-off and landing from/to unprepared areas with an accuracy down to 2 meters;
- High wind resistance – up to 12m/s gusts;
- FIXAR unique and specialized software allows to analyze the quality of the received materials before the post aerial image processing and study;
- The FIXAR 007 aerial photography package is fully autonomous from take-off to landing and takes no longer than two hours for anyone to learn how to operate it;
- With no magnetometer sensors onboard, FIXAR 007 is fully independent of the magnetic environment and can be operated in the vicinity of reinforced concrete structures, shafts and mines.
Work progress/ Case study
In April 2019, an aerial photography exercise was carried out in the Murmansk region in order to obtain photographic materials of several areas with accurate geo-tagging for a detailed representation of an orthophoto plan and a digital terrain model.
Terrain images of 1500 hectares were made with 3 cm/pix resolution for a period of 8 hours with a payload of 1000 g.
High-quality photographic material was obtained, which was subsequently used by the customer for analysis. It later became a decisive key factor for selecting FIXAR 007 in further aerial photography exercises.
Characteristics of the model:
|Maximum take-off weight||7000 g|
|Maximum payload weight||2000 g|
|Wing span||1625 mm|
|Maximum flight speed||27 m/s|
|Cruising flight speed||18 m/s|
|Ascension rate in any modes||5–10 m/s|
|Maximum duration of flight||60 min|
|Maximum flight range||60 km|